Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Year in Review

Well, another year is over. This year was definitely a little more productive than my first two years in college, although that could be viewed as a little bit of an understatement. Below is a photo of my accomplishments and awards from this academic year.
Starting in the back left hand side is my fall semester Cultural Laureate certificate for attending five cultural events on campus. I expect to get another one this semester. The certificate next to it is my certificate for working to end sexual violence on campus through the Campus Against Violence program. The pewter cup is engraved with my initials from Salisbury University for winning two awards and a scholarship at Honors Convocation. On the left hand side of the cup is a blue and yellow cord for graduation for winning the Who's Who Among College Students Award. Leaning against the cord is my purple name tag from the National Conference for Undergraduate Research hosted in Ogden, Utah this year. There, I presented my research entitled "Henry VIII: The Religious Transformation of a Tyrant." On the right hand side of the cup is a turquoise and white cord from completing the Presidential Citizen Scholars program, a program at Salisbury University that promotes political engagement and active citizenship. Leaning against the cord is my name tag for Kappa Delta Pi's National Convocation. KDP is the nationally recognized education honors society, for which I am an officer for the upcoming officer. Under the blue and yellow cord is a letter notifying me I got a $1,000 scholarship from the education department for next year. To its right is my certificate for completing the Presidential Citizen Scholarship Program. Next to that is a large purple booklet that is the information booklet from the National Conference for Undergraduate Research. On the extreme left hand side is a booklet from the Salisbury University Student Research Conference where, once again, I presented my research on "Henry VIII: The Religious Transformation of a Tyrant." In the middle is my certificate for the Who's Who Among College Students Award. In the very front is the program from Honors Convocation where I won two awards and a scholarship. Finally, there is my certificate from attending Kappa Delta Pi's National Convocation. All in all, I am pleased to say it was a relatively successful year on my part, and I cannot wait to see what happens next year.
The officers for the Catholic Ministry on campus. Myself and the other co-president, the secretary and the vice president, all celebrating Halloween together.
The Relay for Life team I am a captain of.

No comments:

Post a Comment