Thursday, July 19, 2012

Batman!

I was going to put the Batman theme song as the title, but I didn't think it would be as cool since it's only the words "na" and "Batman."  To make it up to you, here's the Batman theme song:


Alright, now that we've gotten that out of our system, we can move on to the purpose of this post.  I had an amazing once in a lifetime experience yesterday when I went to the European Red Carpet Premiere of Dark Knight Rises, the last Batman movie in the current trilogy. 


If you ever see a movie premiere in London, it's at Leicester Square.  So, my friend and I went to see if we could get some autographs and to say we were there.  We were way at the end of the red carpet unfortunately, and only a handful of celebrities came our way, but a few did, and that's all that matters.  Not all of the celebrities there were in Batman though, they just came to come.


I just want to make one thing VERY clear: I have NOT seen the last Batman movie.  I was one of those idiots standing along the red carpet screaming and trying to get autographs and pictures.  I'll see the movie when I get home probably.  What I did do was stand on the red carpet from about 1:30 to about 7:30ish (the actors arrived around 5:45ish).  Oh yeah, in the rain.  It was a beautiful day today, not a cloud in the sky, but it couldn't be like that yesterday, that would be too convenient.  It wasn't terrible rain, a little heavier than the usual London rain though, but it's all a part of the experience.  I mean, how many other people can say they've done this?  And to think, for Londoners, it must have been a no big deal type of event.  All the London premieres are in Leicester Square.  It's times like this I lived here, I'd LOVE to go to the Les Miserables premiere more than anything else.


The first autograph I got was Will Poulter.  You may not recognize the name, but he was in the latest Chronicles of Narnia movie (Voyage of the Dawn Treader), where he played the Pevensie's cousin, Eustace, an incredibly whiny and annoying boy who hates his cousins.  Will was actually incredibly nice.  He almost walked away with signing my notebook, and I called him back, and he was apologizing and saying "have a nice day" and everything.  He was really nice.


The main guy from War Horse, Jeremy Irvine, was there too.  I didn't get his autograph though, and now I kind of wish I had.  The girl in front of us swore he's going to be a big name in Hollywood one day, so keep an eye for him in the next few years.


Like I said, not a lot of the Batman actors came down our way (a lot of them didn't sign a lot of autographs in general really), but Tom Hardy did come down.  He plays Bane, the bad guy, in Dark Knight Rises.  Once again, he was incredibly nice and signed as many of autographs as he could.  This guy is going to be a big shot one day.  He played the bad guy in Star Trek: Nemesis, and he looks like he did a good job with this movie too. 


I did get his autograph as well, and some of my friends were really excited when I told them, so I guess I did something right with that one.  Will Poulter's autograph is on the top and Tom Hardy's autograph is on the bottom.  This is a photo of the page from my notebook.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with it when I get home, but for right now I'm keeping it safe in the notebook so it doesn't get crumpled up on the trip home.






Christian Bale did walk by, twice, but he barely signed any autographs.  I've heard from several sources that he's not exactly the nicest person in the world, so I guess I shouldn't be really that surprised by that.  People kept screaming for him, and, I mean, he's Batman at the Batman premiere, what did he expect?  I guess since he's a big shot he can do whatever he wants.


The rest of the celebrities I saw on the screen.  They were really close to me, but there was a HUGE screen in the way unfortunately.  They include Morgan Freeman, Anne Hathaway and Joseph Gordon Levitt.  Just being right there, in the same vicinity as them was pretty mind blowing.  It was a different type of star struck (for some reason I didn't get really star struck at the premiere), kind of a weird experience.

So, I'm going to leave you with the latest Batman trailer for your viewing pleasure.  It's been a long 2 days for me, but I'll tell you more about that tomorrow.  Right now, it's time for me to head to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment