Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Using QR Codes

This is going to be a short post (and by short, I mean SUPER SHORT).  While writing my course outline for 6th grade for next year, I was trying to think of an easy way to make my contact information available to my students and their parents.  Suddenly, it hit me, put it in a QR code.  After doing a quick Google search, I came across this fabulous website.  I simply plugged in my name, my work email and my school's phone number.  Just like that, a QR code was created.  I saved the image and did a quick trial run, worked like a charm.  When you use a QR scanner, a prompt will pop up on your phone, asking if you want to add the contact to your phone.  All the information, name, phone number and email address, are already there, all you have to do is press "okay".  Perfect.  I simply added that to my course outline with directions explaining what it is.  I also saw a suggestion on Pinterest suggesting that you put the QR code in question outside your classroom on Back to School Night so parents can scan it then too (in case their child "forgot" to give them the course outline the first day of school).

No comments:

Post a Comment