Thursday, November 17, 2011

Four Days in Indianapolis

So as a part of Kappa Delta Pi, the nationally recognized education honor society, recently had their biennial convocation, this year located in Indianapolis, Indiana. I was selected by the Rho Eta chapter at Salisbury University to go as the only secondary education representative from my university. And let me just say, it was an absolutely wonderful experience.

Unfortunately, our flight was at 8:15 in the morning, so we had to leave school at around 4:30, which was rather unfortunate. When we finally got to Indianapolis, we were on our merry way to the J.W. Marriot in the heart of Indianapolis. It is a brand new hotel that just opened up this year, and was the tallest building around. It was surrounded by a few other hotels all connected, which was something I had never seen before. We checked into our rooms (see below), and headed off to our first workshop.

As a whole, the workshops were wonderfully organized and provided me with far more information than I thought I would come away with. It made me a little upset that I don't have my own classroom to use these ideas in, but it's only a matter of time. If anything, I learned just how valuable asking others for ideas can be, along with how there's no harm with putting your name out there in hopes of going somewhere exciting.

View from our room:


Our last night in Indy:

No comments:

Post a Comment