Sunday, June 10, 2012

Final Countdown

Well, this is it, I leave this week.  I can't believe it.  I've been talking about studying abroad for four or five years.  I wish I was exaggerating with that, but I'm not.  When I started looking at colleges my junior year of high school, I made it very clear to my parents that I wanted to study abroad.  It was such a crucial part of what I wanted to do during my college career that it helped me make decisions about college (my parents told me once or twice that if I went to one college over another I may not be able to study abroad because of money).  Of course, that wasn't the deciding factor, but it definitely helped play into my final decision.

Going to England has been something huge for me, especially given my passion for Tudor history.  I spent all of the fall semester researching the religious policies of Henry VIII (surprisingly not as boring as it sounds given the fact that he founded the Church of England), and I've been obsessed with reading just about anything I can on the six wives of Henry VIII for the past four years (I can tell you the exact date I got interested in that, but we'll save that for another day).  So, finally, after four years of studying, reading, obsessing (my professor actually introduced me to the head of the history department at Salisbury as "This is Christina, she's obsessed with Henry VIII"), I'll finally be going to England.  I'll get to walk the places where they walked, see some of the stuff they saw and just explore a different culture.

So, I'll be posting here and on my other blog.  Be sure to check both of them out.  As of right now, I can't be certain which one I'll be posting on more often, but I'll let you know if I ever make an executive decision about that.  In the mean time, just make sure to check out both of them.  You can sync either one (or both) of them up to your Facebook by clicking "Follow this blog" on the right hand side of this post under the "Networked Blogs" widget.  You don't have to add an app or anything like that.  That way, when I update either blog, you can get a notification; pretty convenient, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment